Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Eleven people, including Rick and me, and James, Braden's little toddler. Lee and his girlfriend, Keisha came also, so nice to see him. (Sad that he and Emily divorced, but Keisha was quite nice. I hope Emily finds someone great also. Interesting, both Emily and Keisha had the same "look." I think guys especially have a particular type of look they like and have the same girlfriend over and over again. Just my theory.)
We did miss Scott and Jessica, wish they had been here. Well, Paige and fam also, but they never could have come.
Once again, I didn't take enough pics. I wish I had, I need to concentrate on doing that.

So Rick and I picked up Jason and Kenny from the airport on Wed, then the feasting began when we went to Rudy's. Came back home, Jason needed to go somewhere (where?) and Rick went back to the airport to get Chris and Alyona. I stayed with Jason, and on the way from wherever we went, we stopped and got icecream from Shakes (I didn't, I was still doing good).

For dinner we went to Torchy's, 7pm. Loooong line, took 20 min to get to the front, then 40 min to get our food, which they were running out of (and keep in mind that this is a fast food type of place).

The guys (except for Rick) went and played in the Turkey Bowl on Tday morning. They were quite disappointed, after 1 1/2 hours Bro Webster shut it down. They are used to playing for 2-4 hours.

I put Rick to work helping me cook and set the table.
Here is my set dinner, I've been doing it for 10 years:
Turkey, ham, rolls, smashed potatoes, sweet potato cass, green bean cass, baked beans, corn, dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy. Desserts - Anika brought a delish apple pie, I bought cheesecake, made pumpking pie, and Kenny made a flan
We went for a walk after dinner, I felt really bad because when we got to the bottom of the hill I asked if they were up for a 3 mile walk, forgetting about the little pregnant lady, due in 2 1/2 weeks. We walked along the little creek, up the rocks and out into the subdivision. I kept asking Anika if she wanted me to call Rick to come and get her, she said no. I kept expecting her to go into labor at any moment.

Fri, the kids all went shopping to the outlet mall and were disappointed at the lack of deals, Braden went to see a great uncle, and we all met at Torchy's for lunch. We played card games, and that night we went swimming in the "heated" pool. It was luke warm and wasn't actually tooo bad but the air was cold so freezing was what I did and quickly got out, but they played in the water for 45 min. That night they ordered Rudy's. I was watching them eat in amazement, it didn't even look good, and I was still doing good with eating like a normal person and not like a hog.

Sat, Jason to airport (said he was so full he didn't even want Torchy's), Braden left, and Chris, Alyona, Rick and I went to downtown Austin to see some sights. Ate at Whole Foods. I'm still doing good. I guess I didn't start doing really bad until Sunday.

Sunday went to church, then each did his own thing. Mon I saw the doc, that evening I took Chris to the airport.


Now I'm all up to date, even tho I missed a few days for at least one blog a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment