Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Everything is political

I was buying stamps to mail my Christmas cards, and bought some nativity type and then saw the Hannukkah stamps and asked for some of those also. I was talking to my sis Kris and told her I had bought Hannukkah stamps. She said, "Why did you do that?" with the implication that since I'm a Christian....
I said to show solidarity with Israel, because of Iran's continuing promise to obliterate the country as soon as they get nukes, and the entire Mideast assembling against them, and with Obama's foreign policy such that Israel is not able to count on the Americans as their oldest ally since statehood in 1948 (and before).

She said, chuckling, I read one of your last posts, and it is true - you can make anything political.
I take that as a compliment.
Israel      Hanukkah

1 comment:

  1. What about Gaza people? I have written a paper back in the days when I attended UVU about the war between Gaza and Israel. People of Gaza have been pushed from the land that they owned for a long time. Both Gaza and Israel have their side of story and I understand the pain of both but you have to keep in mind that about 5 years ago Gaza offered to divide the land between the two and Israel did not agree. The problem is people of Israel and Gaza have small piece of land that they are fighting for and nobody will give it up. Now, is it fair that Israel has the US as a supporter? I really have no right to say. On the other hand I'd buy Hanukkah stamps because I have respect for one of the oldest religions. Sorry if I'm so opinionated but most of the articles I see on your blog have a touchy subject and I tend to want to respond and continue the conversation. No matter what I say or write at least you know I read your blog all the time and respect your opinion while having my own :)

    ReplyDelete