Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Needed - Christmas cheer

Today I had some errands to run, take back some stuff to a couple of stores, and buy a few other things. My Christmas shopping is done, stick a fork in it (thanks to Scott), so I didn't even have the excuse of harried shopping. The crowds and people everywhere were making me crazy. The traffic is worse, and I always seem to choose the wrong lane or line. (At the airport a flight or two ago, a man and his kids were going thro security and the daughter asked her dad which line to get in and he pointed to the line behind me. I said, "I should just warn you that whichever line I'm in is always the slowest." "Me, too, so maybe we'll cancel each other out and this time it will be the fastest.")

Anyways, I wasn't feeling too cheerful or peaceful. Thought some bad words (might have muttered a few), then took a deep breath.

Always good to take a deep breath and remember who it is we are really celebrating and why. Then enjoy the lights, the music and songs, the parties, the presents - but remember it is all about the Savior. Helps to refocus the mind back towards what is important, and what is just fluff.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment