Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gratitude

Rick and I are so looking forward to Thanksgiving, with 2 of the kids coming and also Alyona. The sacrament meeting talks were on gratitude. For a good part of this year, I  really didn't think I had a lot to be grateful for. I am feeling better now (even tho my jaw is completely screwed up and my ears still ring) and I can be grateful for modern medicine and the help it is giving me. And while this feels horrible to me, others have it much worse.

Ginger, Rick's sister, got Hepatitis C soon after she graduated from high school, it destroyed her liver and she had to have a tranplant. Then lymphoma attacks her and she battles that with chemo and other medical stuff, now her liver is not doing its job again. I think it's from all the chemo she had to have to battle the second cancer. She is such a strong, believing Christian and not only talks the talk, but walks the walk in every facet of her life. Surely it would be better for her to stay on this earth and raise her 3 young children, ages 4, 6, and 11.

So, as I think about my blessings, I have a lot, even when I didn't think so. And here goes:
  • my great husband
  • my 4 wonderful children
  • my 3 beautiful ggrrls
  • my new daughters to be - Alyona and Jessica
  • a safe place to live
  • modern living, i.e. running hot water, electricity, abundant food, easy travel
  • this one should have been first - my belief in and love of the Savior
  • Rick's job
  • friendships - my Philly VT companion called me yesterday, she has moved to Florida, wonderful to hear her voice. She said let's make sure we don't lose touch with each other
  • medicine, whether natural or medical docs
And the list could go on and on

No comments:

Post a Comment