Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Holidays

I love this season of the year, starting in Sept. I love Fall, weather and trees changing, it feels so fresh and new. I enjoy Halloween. But Thanksgiving and Christmas have to be my favs. This year Jason and a friend, Chris and Alyona, Braden and wife and child, and maybe Lee and Emily (altho Scott texted me yesterday to say they are getting a divorce, sad for them) will all be coming. I do love a crowd for Thanksgiving.

My Thanksgiving Dinner is set - I have fixed the same food for maybe 10 years - it works well for me.

Then Rick and I are off to Utah for Christmas. Really looking forward to seeing the ggrrls, especially little Hattie, and our sons and their girlfriends (that word doesn't seem to fit).

And since I haven't talked about my ears recently, I must say that flying upsets my ears for 2 days; that day, the day after, and sometimes even the third day. They ring louder, and my head feels full and funny, that might also have to do with the change in altitude when I go north to the Rockies. I think the pressurized plane and just the plane noise are what does it. And, of course, I get the same loverly experience when I fly back home. Oh, well, I think I am dealing with it better. (Rick and Jason might disagree.)

A few times when things were especially noisy or loud at Paige's house, Macy would put her hands over her ears, look at me, and declare that the noise was hurting her ears. Wonder where she got that from?

Last night Kincade Facetimed us, and was bringing Hattie up close to the camera, she looked so cute, her little face and body filling the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment