Monday, October 24, 2016

Hiking in Georgetown

I'm always looking for fun, pretty, naturery, close places for Rick and me to walk/hike. I found a place in Georgetown called Blue Pool Park or something. It was small but pretty. The natural pool area was a widened and open area in the South San Gabriel river that would be fun to take the ggrrls. It had a concrete path/sidewalk along the river for a long ways, but we didn't walk on it far, instead staying in the park area.

There was an old cemetery in the park. We looked at the headstones; with many the dates and names were mostly worn away from age and elements but we could read some. Born in the 1800s and died then. Some ages were quite young. Some of the headstones were newer with older dates, so the family had obviously replaced them. Very macabre of me that I like to walk in and look at cemeteries. I think I'm just contemplating life.






This one looks cute!
I'm either smiling like the Grinch or doing something goofy like closing my eyes. Just not photogenic.

Alyona is in Seattle so Chris came over and he and doggit spent the afternoon. Always fun to have him. I took Zoya for a walk while those two watched football and ate blueberry pie and ice cream.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment