Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween and Fall Festivals

Last year I went to Corn Belly with Paige and the ggrrls and it was quite fun. The year before Rick and I went to Corn Belly with Chris and Aly and it was quite fun. Last year I had set up for the four of us, Rick, Chris, Aly, and me, to go to a Halloween/Fall Festival but it got rained/flooded out and I was leaving for Utah to see Mom so that was a no go.

This year I once again had plans for a Fall Festival. I had 3 places that I thought were close and fun and we chose one of them on Sat. After we dropped Aly off at the airport for her week in Seattle, the 3 of us went to Barton Hills Fall Festival in Bastrop. It cost $14 to get in (quite expensive) and the weather was great: not too hot.

Unfortunately it was boring. Long lines to ride the free cow train and grain train. Long lines to get their food, which should have been delish - roasted turkey legs, corn dogs, pulled pork, brisket, etc. We did do the corn maze. And then left.


As we were driving home we saw a sign for a BBQ place and decided on it for dinner. The food was good, not the best BBQ I have had, but good. The brisket was no good. I got a stuffed baked potato that was the best ever. Someone was knocking on the window as we walked by and it turned out to be someone from Chris' work. Super nice guy, there with his parents from Chicago and his family.

So Barton Hills Fall Festival was a bust, but fear not!! I have more places to try next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment