Friday, October 2, 2015

Tinnitus

About 8 months after my tinnitus began I read a book recommended by my VT and is probably one of the best resources out for tinnitus. The author wrote (he had tinnitus himself so severe he contemplated suicide) don't join any support groups where all you do is sit around and talk about how miserable life is with tinnitus. I took that to mean don't talk about it.

Well, I do. But I really do try not to tell everyone about my woes.

And this is my latest:  Two weeks ago my ears started ringing unusually loud, plus my left ear, the bad one for all sounds, started throbbing to my heartbeat. I could hear and feel it, and it drove me crazy. I started to get worried because the sound wasn't going down like it usually does but stayed extremely loud and the ear throbbing continued and didn't quit. I thought, this will be difficult to live with.

My ringing has now gone down, not to as low as it was, but down, and the throbbing in my ear comes and goes.

I do hate to complain (Rick and all my kids would disagree!!) because Rick has tinnitus and other people have things much worse.

But I need something to blog. So you get to read my complaint. Lucky you.

No comments:

Post a Comment