Saturday, October 17, 2015

Belgian Waffles

Several months ago Jason was in Cincinnati and ate at Taste of Belgium, and had the most fantastic waffles ever. He bought some to take home, but they were expensive (4 smallish waffles for $12). He raved and raved to me about them, saying the next time I was in Indy we needed to take a trip to Cincinnati just to eat these authentic waffles.

                                             

Last night as I was watching TV Triple D did a show on Taste of Belgium. Indeed, the waffles looked delish, I so binged a recipe that used yeast and Belgian Pearl Sugar, as used at the restaurant. I found a recipe (on a fun new website to browse); this morning I got up and ordered Belgian Pearl sugar. It will arrive on Fri, so Fri night we eat real Belgium waffles for dinner.
                                                                     
Further research turned up a place in Salt Lake City that makes great, authentic Belgian waffles. Bruges Waffles, with 4 locations:  downtown, Sugar House, Draper and Provo. Guess where I'm eating at least once over Christmas?


True Belgian Waffles with yeast and pearl sugar KristenDuke.com



No comments:

Post a Comment