Monday, October 19, 2015

Food

Chris gives Zoya a little bit of whatever food he is eating: a small corner of cheese, the crust of pizza, a potato chip, small bit of hot dog. Well, we all give her too much table/human food and Alyona commented that Zoya is getting fat for her age. She still looks trim and musclely, but just a little beefier than she should be.

We were outside yesterday morning and Chris gave her a bit of his pizza crust. She wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat but wanted to save it for later. She went to the side of the house with the rocks and started digging a hole. I didn't know what she was doing and told her to stop digging (she loves to dig in the yard); Chris said she is trying to hide that pizza crust for later. So then she walked all around whimpering, trying to find a spot to hide it. Finally, Chris told her to just eat it and she did.

I have found small hunks of bread, cheese behind the cushions of the couch. Today I was vacuuming and found a potato chip hidden in the corner by the bookcase. When she doesn't want to eat something but can't find a good hiding spot, she walks around with it in her mouth, whimpering.

Chris asked me if I left it for her, she likes to find the food and eat it later. I said, no, I ate it.

 
 

1 comment: