Monday, September 28, 2015

Super lunar eclipse - the Bood Moon

The last one was in 1982, the next will be 2033, so I made sure we watched this one. The moon went into eclipse at 8:11 pm, total eclipse 9:11, then started to show again at 10:23 (Central time). Very cool to watch.





Not my pics, I didn't try to take any, these are much prettier than any I could have taken.

All the Christian preppers had been going crazy for a couple of months, this is the end!! They had all their reasons, something to do with every 7 years something bad happens, earthquakes that would destroy some of America, stock market crashes (which I and many economists think is still eminent), etc, all according to Jewish calendar and blah, blah, blah. People had cashed in their 401k and bought food supplies, $7,000 tents (yes, you can buy a tent worth that much), some probably headed for their bug-out place.

I'm not denying something bad will probably happen in the future. Something bad is always happening someplace. Plus, no civilization has lasted forever. I'm reading a short book on the North, Meso, and South American native peoples. Archaeologists don't have any idea why many of these great civilizations failed, like the Olmec, Anasazi, Hopewell, Mound Builders, Inca, Aztec, Mayan - there seems to have been about 20 known groups (my rough estimate, I didn't count them, so don't quote me) that populated these 2 continents. We know that the Spanish decimated a few of them, but no idea about the others.

What does God have planned for this earth? Jesus said the time no man knows, not even the angels in heaven. Prepare? Yes, but sensibly. And continue living, meanwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment