Monday, September 28, 2015

Pizza

Chris' fav food is pizza. He can eat it anytime, anywhere, any style, hot or cold. He found a pizza book on Amazon, The United States of Pizza, and put it on his wish list. Alyona saw it and ordered it for him. So, of course, yesterday we needed to make pizza.

Chris choose a dough recipe; he and I made the dough yesterday morning. My dough makers have all either died or I have given them away, and I like kneading by hand better anyway, but Chris said this dough needed to be kneaded for 30 min. We took turns. Finally he pronounced the dough was ready to rest (with a little help from me saying I was done kneading).

Last night at 6 he began to make the red sauce, which takes 1 hour or more. We began baking at 7ish. The pizza was delish and totally worth the extra fuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment