Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Scribbled teeth

I went to my dentist yesterday, who is also my next door neighbor, to have my teeth cleaned and the crown put back on permanently. We talked about the ringing in my ears. He told me my bite was all "haywire," very messed up, very crazy. Also, all my fillings are deteriorating and need to have something done.We went over again all the professionals I have seen; he wants me to see another dentist, this one specializing in TMJ and dental occlusion. Bruce (my dentist) doesn't want to do anything with my teeth (he even popped off the crown and put it back on temporarily, not permanently) until I have seen this new guy and he gives his opinion on what needs to be done with my messed up mouth and bite.

I told him that just the little I had been holding my mouth open had caused my jaws to start trembling a little. He said, Yes, your jaws are just not finding a comfortable way to sit. He thinks (hopes?!!) that this new guy can get my bite back to a normal position, my jaws will like it, my ears will like it, and they will stop ringing.

So off to another professional. I think I will cancel the MRI for sure. This isn't caused by a benign growth putting pressure on my "8th nerve" (which they won't do anything about anyway) so I see no need to go, either putting myself thro it or having the insurance company have to pay it.

On a different subject, we have been getting a lot of rain. On Mon evening I was out in the grass and dumped some water out of one of my big plant pots, picking up a pile of dirt that had run out also. When I came in I realized something had bitten me on my hand and ankle. By morning my ankle had swollen and I counted 3 bites. In between my index and 3rd finger, also a bite. All itched like crazy, I put lots of Purification Oil on them. This morning, Wed, still swollen, still itching.

No comments:

Post a Comment