Monday, July 29, 2013

Ice Cream Bread

Remember the old commercials for rice crispy treats, where the mom shoos everyone out of the kitchen and pretends that it's super hard to make them, but she will sacrifice and slave away for her family? This sweet bread is quite yummy and twice, no 3x, no 4x, as easy as rice crispy treats. My sis Kris told me to look it up on Pinterest, which I then binged.

Anyways, here's the recipe. I used strawberry ice cream. Delish!!

2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavor, softened
1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray and flour a 8 x 4 loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.
Scoop into the loaf and and smooth out.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the loaf comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.
Remove from the pan and allow to cool (if you can wait that long!).

For best results, use full fat ice-cream. (I also made my own self rising flour: For every cup of flour add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment