Thursday, July 25, 2013

Earthing

This something new that Squirt has discovered - walking on Mother Earth with your bare feet.

Grounding: The Overlooked Benefit of Going Barefoot

While much of the debate between the barefoot and the shoed-foot focuses on the potential for injury, another often overlooked aspect is grounding. The technique of grounding, also known as earthing, is simple: you walk barefoot to "ground" with the Earth. The scientific theory behind the health benefits seen from this simple practice is that your body absorbs negative electrons from the Earth through the soles of your feet.
Lots more in the article she sent me, but this is the jist of it.
She had mom earthing while she stayed with her, and mom was walking much better.
Squirt and I both have problems with static electricity, we are very shocky people. Squirt said this has really helped her problem with static electricity.
I earthing everyday since she told me (or at least try to), but I'm a "always have something on my feet" type of person. I have to consciously remember to go out on the grass without shoes. I quite like it.
This is actually the golf course off our deck in Philly, but I just wanted to show a pic of Mother Earth and Nature. Being out in nature, seeing the trees and plants and flowers, wildlife, little creeks, rivers, rocks, really does renew my soul. So I think if I partake of it even more by having contact with the earth with my bare feet, it will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment