Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Will life ever be normal again?

Today is just 1 1/2 weeks since Charles died, a little over 2 weeks since I was notified that he had such a short time left. I guess I just never really, truly believed it. I'm having a hard time believing it now. I was not this upset when my dad died.

I'm reminded of two Robert Frost poems, the first is "Home Burial" and the next is "Death of the Hired Man." Both speak to the existence of man on this earth, and I love them both. In the first a mom is having a difficult time accepting the death of a beloved child, and in the second, a sometime unreliable farm hand returns to the home where he was employed most often, to die.

From all my reading of Life After Death/Near Death experiences and what the church teaches, Charles wouldn't want to return if he could. It is up to us to live so that when we join him, when our earthly life book is closed, we have lived as the Lord wants us to have lived. And so continues life - overcoming the natural man and working on perfection (which can never be achieved here).



No comments:

Post a Comment