Sunday, July 29, 2012

Charles, the Best Brother in the World

Charles died early this morning, at 12:30 am. I couldn't get back to sleep after hearing the news. I began a timeline of events, and am typing up my thoughts about him, adding to them as I think of something, some wonderful memory I have of him. I'm doing this thro tear filled eyes, as I think about how much I will miss him. I'm still in the "this is unfair" stage.

But I do have many memories. Once when I was out there staying with my kids, he came in from changing some water at 11pm, had heard on the radio that Denny's (?) was having a sale on pie, one slice for 99cents. He wanted Jolene and me and him to go to town, 30 min away, to get a piece of pie. Jennifer was old enough to babysit the kids (they were all asleep anyway) and off we went. I can think of so many spur of the moment, fun things we did when I stayed with them, which was every 3 years or so, I think.

He is a good, good man. The earth is poorer, and heaven is richer. And knowing his personality, he is having a grand reunion with Kim, Pa, and many other relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment