Monday, July 23, 2012

Sad news

I discovered on Sat morning that it is not looking good for my brother, Charles. After all my fasting and praying, it seems that this will be the end of his earth life soon. One dr has held out hope, and I have prayed more than once since Jolene and then Adam told me this, pleading with the Lord, that if it be His will, Charles might continue on this earth.

It is hard to process and I have spent a lot of time crying. I can only imagine how Jolene, and his children and gkids are feeling, knowing how my kids would be feeling if this were happening to Rick or me.

I'm so thankful to have the gospel and to KNOW that this is not the end of his wonderful, enthusiastic, larger-than-life personality. After my dad died I read several life after death experiences books. They all just reaffirmed what the gospel teaches - that we progress on, and that this new place we are going to is a glorious one indeed.

I think my brother Eric said it best, when I talked with him. He said I have wonderful memories of him, and I plan on seeing him again in 20 or so years. Which because 1,000 earth years equals a day in heaven, will be in 5 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment