Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stella and Nano, and Charles

I flew to Utah on Tues July 24 and then on Wed rented a car and drove to my brother Charles' in Idaho, arriving at 6pm. My mom was there, and we got to sit in the room with him, just she and I, for 30-45 min. I told mom our spirits were communing with each other.

About 9 pm the decision was made to take him to the Twin Falls hospital and from there LifeFlight him to Huntsman, since tests showed that his fluids were dangerously low and he was going to slip into a coma in a few hours if nothing was done. His GP and good friend, Glenn, and his oncologist both thought if they could get the liver bile ducts open, he still had a good chance, especially since he has been a fighter this whole time.

An ambulance came and he went to the hospital, where he was stabilized. Early on Thurs morning an ambulance drove him to Huntsman. I left Twin Falls at 1pm, and on the drive down, my sister Squirt called and told me there was nothing left to do, and he had only a few days left. I was crying so hard she began to get worried (I'm crying now just typing this). We arranged to meet at Huntsman at 5.

I'm so glad I came out, just to get to see him, and hug him, again, this fantastic brother of mine.

Fri morning I was lying on the couch at Paige's house. Kincade was at work, Paige was sleeping, and I was watching Stella and Macy, just sobbing and sobbing. Stella was concerned, and asked me if I was crying about Uncle Chuck and because he was dying. I said yes and she said, "But he will live again!" She got out her tea set, set it up on my stomach, and proceeded to make me tea so I would feel better. She took the cup and put it to my lips so I could drink the pretend "tea." She was stoking my arm and head and asked me if that made me feel better. I told her yes. She asked me, "Do you want a hug and kiss?" I told her yes. She just stood by me and rubbed my arm and put the cup to my lips so I could take a pretend drink. Her concern actually did help.

When mom got sick back in Oct/Nov and I came out, she made soup upstairs in her kitchen several times for Grandmother Deeney, because "she's sick." It makes me happy to see her being such a sweet, caring little girl.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet story about Stella.

    ReplyDelete