Thursday, December 15, 2016

Trail of Lights

The first Christmas we were in Texas I was looking for activities and came across this big light display at Zilker Park. Every year I have wanted to go there, and every year we have not gone. Until this year. Rick was serving Christmas dinner yesterday evening and didn't want to go anyway, so Chris, Aly, and I decided to go. We knew it would be a huge crush of people; it was. The highway even going to the parking area was backed up a long ways, perhaps a mile or longer with the cars creeping along.

Chris was thinking about going to the Fidelity parking lot and then just walking, but that would have been a 2-3 mile walk. As we were driving along Barton Springs Rd, he found a lot to park in. Yay! Cost $10 but we were going to pay that anyway.

It was about a 10 min walk to the park with the light display. Lots of peeps but the weather was a nice 53*. I had on my long coat, scarf and gloves and it was too warm. Chris didn't even wear a coat, just had a Henley on.

They had brought Zoya; alas, no dogs allowed. Chris stayed outside with her while Alyona and I walked thro the display. We kinda hurried (while still enjoying the lights) so Chris and Aly could go, but Chris decided he didn't need to, he walked all around it and looked at lights.

I bought Chris a funnel cake but shouldn't have because he and Aly are on a diet, no breads, etc.

There were a lot of bicycle rickshaws taking people places, it looked like such fun to ride one. When we get back from Christmas I want to go downtown, eat at a restaurant that has outdoor seating, ride a rickshaw, walk around and enjoy the nighttime ambiance.

I'm glad I finally got to go to the Trail of Lights. The pic below is of the Austin skyline with the light display in front. The moon was so cool looking and it's not showing up in this pic, but was in the original. So much prettier in person, as usual.

A globe with Texas and Austin highlighted!


No comments:

Post a Comment