Thursday, November 10, 2016

Democrat protesters and violence and hate

Liberals. Obama supporters. Hillary supporters.

I've never seen anything like it before in my 60 years as a citizen of this nation. I've seen many, many presidential elections. I wasn't thrilled when Obama won, either time. I wasn't thrilled when Clinton won, either time.

But I never thought to take to the streets, burn things, show vile mockups of them being hanged, like I've seen of Trump. I never thought to write graffiti, or take to social media and write posts about killing either of them, like I've seen about Trump and Pence.

And you can say, well it isn't all Demos or Hillary supporters. But it's enough of them to make a loud and clear statement about the types of people who are "liberals, progressives, Hillary and Obama supporters." I've read stories and seen videos of mobs pulling people out of cars to beat them for no other reason than being a Trump supporter. Read and seen videos of other beatings for the same reason.

I've seen numerous Mexican flags being waved. I don't get that. If you don't want to be an American, don't stay. I've seen a few posters being carried that say Love Trumps Hate. As they are out being hateful and violent, don't they see the irony of their own actions?

It's sad, makes me sad for my country. Makes me afraid of the legacy that is being left for my kids and grandkids.

Is it time to divide this country into two separate countries, as these protesters seem intent on doing violently, and have the liberals in one part and the conservatives in another? Anytime they don't get something they want they take to the streets, burning, beating, destroying. Do they realize that 1/2 of the country supported Trump, voted for him? Elected him president? Are they saying they also hate 1/2 of the citizens of this country? Because even now I don't hate them.

I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment