Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Walking along rediscovered creek

I have been walking more on the path by the golf course with the little creek by Dies Ranch. It's so pretty and quiet there; I can almost forget I live in Texas. (But Texas does have 7 ecosystems that are completely different.)

This morning I decided to take my walk there and saw this tree lying across the creek making a natural bridge. It obviously fell over when its roots got water logged during some rainy storm or period and then the Cedar Park park peeps sawed off the top, making a nice smooth end. The roots must still be living in soil on the other side of the creek because it has cool looking branches growing out the side straight up, by the color of the sawed off part and the growth on the branches, the tree has lived this way for at least a few years. Life will find a way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment