Sunday, May 8, 2016

Surprise Party cont

The boys took Rick to play at Top Golf yesterday, while Alyona, Paige, and I got stuff ready for the party. Paige was in charge of decos, Aly set up the backyard, and both of them collected all the food. At 4pm we were just finishing up, and the guys arrived, along with party attendees. He was surprised, but was very suspicious when he saw the gate open and lots of balloons.

I waaaaay overbought on food, an Owens tradition - 25 lbs of brisket when 10 lbs would have been more than plenty. I also had hot dogs and sausage dogs, 15 lbs of potato salad and 5 lbs was too much, 10 lbs of cole slaw and 5 would have been too much, 3 large cans too many of ranch beans, along with enough buns to feed a goose and duck army. I keep telling myself to not overdo, but what can I say? It is an Owens tradition.

The cake from HEB was delish, and about 30 servings too many. Lots of food leftover; I really don't like to see waste.

But it was all fun and the kids loved surprising their dad. Hope Aly got some nice pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment