Monday, May 16, 2016

GERD/LPR

I have GERD not LPR, but after reading about LPR I must have had the "silent" part of reflux to have caused my Barret's Esophagus and not even know it. I think my shortness of breath I just had was  caused by refluxing/gassing up my esophagus and also by not eating enough calories. I was only eating 700-800 and it was causing rapid heart beat, shortness of breath, faintness. As soon as I got my calories up to 1100-1200 it helped. I can always tell when my calories go too low because those symptoms return. But I do have slight shortness of breath even as I type. It's heck getting old. But does beat the alternative.

I did have sympathy/empathy for mom and did show it but could have been waaay more helpful in trying to get some medical relief from her pain. I'm so sorry that she spent so many years in such pain.

Fred is slowly going downhill due to his kidneys. He is unwell, has not energy. I have sympathy/empathy for him also. The body is a miracle and wonderful - until it isn't.

So happy Rick could get his hip fixed and do away with his pain. It was also starting to affect his knees from how he limped and swayed so as to take pressure off the hip. I'm sure the crooked walking would have damaged the other hip in time.

He's so looking forward to retirement. Wish it could be sooner, so do I for his sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment