Monday, May 23, 2016

GI Health

I have read soooo many books and interwebs articles on GI health. It begins to contradict. Then I have to take what I believe, what I think I can do, and make sense of it and a new diet for me. Who knows what messed me up so badly, maybe the antibiotics when the teeth were pulled along with the soft starchy diet that encourage the bad microbes and killed off the good ones. Maybe too much of the soft starchy diet that allowed for fermentation and hence gas in the small intestine that then blew its way thro the stomach, thro the LES and hence to my esophagus.

Who knows? Well, the Lord does, but I don't. All I can do now is try to correct. And I'm sure a lot of my eating was all wrong and made it worse. Hopefully, now what I'm doing is correct and will help my GI tract to heal and become normal again.

Examples of contraction: One book said drink raw cow's milk, it's a wonder food, along with raw cow's milk cheese, butter, etc. Another said never drink raw cow's milk, use goat, sheep, or camel milk. One book said whole grain, especially Ezekiel bread, and rice. Most said cut out all wheat and grains. One said go easy on the nightshade family, which includes white and sweet potato. Another said no grains, but can eat potatoes for carbs. Eat raw salads, especially spinach is great. Never eat raw spinach, the body can't utilize the nutrients in raw spinach, cook it. Don't eat bananas; bananas sooth a gastric reflux upset esophagus.

Crazy. I'm mostly on my own figuring this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment