Wednesday, May 4, 2016

GERD or LPR

I quit taking the Prilosec and started Pepcid again around Feb 29 or so. Within 2-3 days I could feel it not working and began again on the Prilosec, but something had happened and I just haven't been able to get the acid reflux back under control. The middle to end of April I tried Prevacid, it didn't work any better. Meanwhile I saw Doc Just twice and called his office maybe 3 times. He put me on Nexium, which I think I have allergic reactions to. It's not working any better, in my opinion.

I have started on a low acid/high alkaline diet. It seems to be working the best.
The belching is causing acid reflux, I think, which rehurts my esophagus, not allowing it to heal. A real Catch 22.

Whenever one of my chronic things acts up, GERD or Tinnitus, I have more sympathy for people with chronic illnesses.

I just want to feel well again.

I promise to never complain about anything ever again if I just feel well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment