Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sadness and joy

It makes me sad to realize that my mom really has passed. Life goes on. Soon it will be my turn and everyone else's life will go on. Hard to believe.

I have been wanting to understand evolution and how it all fits into the master plan so I checked out a book from the library, written by famous atheist Richard Dawkins called The Greatest Show on Earth. He does not get to the heart of the matter in proving evolution; it might be true as scientists believe, it might not. But this book doesn't convince me of anything, other than Dawkins just really "knows" everyone who doesn't think and believe as he does is a fool. I will always be a believer in a higher power, a creator, despite the atheists and their "proof." Too many "proofs" for me to not believe.

As I feel the need I will continue posting about mom. But for now, my 3 ggrrls, or little squirrels, as Jason called them. These were taken in the hotel room just before mom's Friday night viewing.

I remember in Bush's book about his dad, at one point George HW was in the hospital quite ill. His pregnant granddaughter walked in and he said something like, this is the cycle of life - we come and go, new life and old. Broke Bush son's heart, made him sad, even tho it is true and he was looking forward to the birth of his grandchild. It is how I feel. It seems so real and personal to me because it is.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment