Sunday, February 14, 2016

V Day or Valentine's Day or M Day

M Day makes me the saddest. It is Move Day (or rather, 2nd weekend of M Day). I don't particularly like Move Days, as I'm a person who doesn't like change. But I happened to marry a person who loves, even thrives on change. Some of my kids like change, some don't. Jason and Scott hate change. Chris loves change. Paige is in the middle and fulfills this need by continually changing her house. Decos, furniture placement, wall colors - they've all changed many, many times.

Rick is doing quite well, but then he overdoes and pays for it later. He is still using his walker, which makes me very happy. I am going to have to boot him out when his 3 week recoup time is up. He's claiming he could get used to puttering around the house. Luckily he's only going back for half days for the first week definitely, maybe two.

It's still hard for me to believe that my mom has passed. The ONLY consolation is that she had lived a beautiful, productive life. I can still wish I had been a better daughter, but then I wish I still would be a better person. The natural man is so hard to beat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment