Sunday, February 7, 2016

Rick with walker

I have not had to fight Rick about using his walker, he never walks without it. He quit taking the hydrocodone yesterday and started with Aleve. I won't say why, but it's not pretty. Let's just say that I'm pushing lots of fiber and water down him. I think he should still be taking the stronger pain pill but men are stubborn things.

As I watch him trying to recover it reminds me of mom and her 3 knee surgeries, which are actually harder to recover from than the hip. All the physical therapy involved. And her last one was when she was 80 or 81. Too bad none of them worked and she remained in constant pain. The high level of constant pain is what caused her blood pressure to rise so high, causing her initial stroke, beginning her downhill trajectory.


No comments:

Post a Comment