Friday, January 29, 2016

Grandmother or just "Mom"

An adorable pic of mom; don't know who she is standing beside, but mom is on the left. Hmmm, that body looks familiar, maybe because I have her body type exactly. We even like to eat the same, lots of protein. One time I mentioned something to Squirt about her loving hotdogs. Squirt replied mom didn't eat a hotdog in her life. I said yes she did, she loved them. Oh, no, Squirt said, she ate wieners. I had to smile because it was too true. That and Vienna sausage in a can; now those I never could eat, but mom loved them. I think Pa ate the Potted Meat on a saltine cracker.

This so cute pic of mom is with her sister, Betty. After the strokes when mom was trying to pull a name out of her mind to call someone, it was mostly Betty. The person could have been Cheryl, Kristi, or me, but we were always Betty. At first this confused us, until we clued into that her mind just wouldn't find the correct name - hence we all became Betty. But she did always know who we were.

1 comment: