Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas Eve and Day

Jason and Chris went skiing and about froze but had lots of snow!! That night we ordered Indian food from a place the boys claim is the best ever. I'm not a fan. It's ok, but the older I get the more I just want plain Idaho farm food - throw me a potato, a hunk of meat (and proper meat, which means beef, chicken and pork, nothing gamey like deer, pheasant, duck, rabbit, not turkey, it started tasting gamey to me, maybe a fish or two as long as it's not slimy or fishy) and a few vegetables and I'm good.

We didn't even do our usual reading of the Christmas stories, skits, Bible reading. So sad, I like to bring Christ back into the frenzied season of food and gifts.

Christmas morning was at Paige's. They have their morning with just them and the girls (and Nano and Papaw), and then the screaming horde arrives. Lots of fun presents. Paige and I made biscuits and gravy, and as usual, waaay overdid it. We ate biscuits and gravy for the next several days.

Lots of snow in Utah. I'm sure the skiiers are crazy happy. Also cold, temps in the teens. I'm enjoying it, put on my coat, scarf, gloves, and boots. I don't get to wear them much in Texas.


 
 Rich and Cathie and family arrived at 4pm for a taco dinner. We have done Christmas Day dinner with them for 7 or 8 years. They are wonderful peeples and we really enjoy seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment