Thursday, November 20, 2014

Yikes, it's Thursday already!

Thursday, and my last blog post was week ago Wed.

I had a busy week. Started the ortho treatment on Monday by getting rubberband spacers between some of my teeth. I go in today and get bands put on. My jaws definitely hurt more, ears ringing more, and starting to get headaches. I'm very nervous about this whole process and if I should even be doing it. But I guess I am. Rick says he wouldn't go thro the misery. I know it will be miserable.

My sister Miz Chero (Cheryl) came on Mon evening. Acutally, Rick and I drove halfway and met Anika. It took us 1 hour, and them a little more. We did go on I-45, which probably cost us $10 but we missed all of rush hour, woot woot! (as Alyona would say).

Cheryl and I went shopping (she has lost a bunch of weight and is looking really good). She had a hard time accepting the reality of her new size, which is smaller. We made marshmellows to see if she wanted to do them for RS Christmas Dinner chocolate fountain. They were fun to make and taste so much better. I don't like marshmellows buts these were good. We walked on the paths in our subdivision. (The paths are short, but it will be nice to walk on them, I have looked forward to the HOA finally getting them finished.)

Yesterday I drove to San Antonio to take her back. I felt bad because Anika had to bring the two little boys before, and I don't mind driving. We left a little after 12 noon and got there in good time, but then I left at 2:30, and with stopping to get a hamburger and gas, went thro Austin at 4:10 - just in time for rush hour.  Oh well, the joys of rush hour. I was just surprised it started before 4pm. I decided I'm also not going to live my life around rush hour.

It was so much fun to have her here. It seems like one person in the family takes it upon herself to keep the family together and doing activities, and that person is Cheryl. But really, I have the 2 best sisters.

Scott and Jessica are coming today, I need to pick them up from the airport at 4:25 on US Airways. They are coming here to get the jeep. Scott talked his dad into letting him use it this winter. It will be fun to see them, they are the only ones who didn't come this summer.

Thanksgiving coming up and I'm planning the dinner. I do the same one every year and have for 10 years. We have Jason, Braden and family, Aksansha and family coming. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment