Friday, May 12, 2017

Mouthful

Yesterday I went to the occlusion guy and he gave me the mouth guard plus a lower retainer. I know it's not polite to talk with your mouth full, but I now have a mouthful. It took me all of yesterday and the night to adjust to it all. I woke up this morning and it feels ok this morning.

I guess that's it. The new me. Sans surgery or all the crowns and caps he wanted to put on.

I'm happy enough with it.

His aide commented on my small mouth. Everyone does. Dentists and hygienists don't like working in such a small space. The vagaries of the genetic pool=bad teeth, small mouth, extreme near sightedness, propensity for GERD. What else do I not like about my body? But I'm happy to have a functioning body, can move, run, my brain works. So overall gratefulness waaaay outweighs the parts I'm unhappy with. Plus can't forget all the good parts, healthy heart, good blood pressure and lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment