Saturday, May 6, 2017

Bali vacay

Jason, Justin, Trent (Justin's best friend), Chris, and Aly were all going to Bali on Thurs. I was taking Chris and Aly to the airport at 4pm. Rick met us at their house to take Zoya.

I dropped them off and because it was then in the middle of rush hour I went south to pick up Tollway. As I came around the bend to enter the tollway I noticed that traffic was super backed up. I called Rick to tell him I had never seen traffic so backed up. We were inching along at 5 miles per hours. A few minutes later I determined something had happened to cause the jam. He looked online and told me it was showing clear after a few miles. It took me 30 min to get thro, then came upon 7 firetrucks and some police vehicles.

Meanwhile, a disaster was occurring at the airport. Aly needed a transit visa to even wait at the Sydney airport for 5 hours, and would take about 3 months to get it!! So they had to abandon that plane trip. When I was 5 min from home Aly called to ask me to come and get her. I drove home and Rick and I drove back to get them.

They were trying to decide if they should just cancel or buy new tickets thro Hong Kong that did not require this transit visa. They talked about it and went ahead and bought tickets to continue on Friday.
Friday we went to their house at 10, Chris and Rick went to a woodworking place, I went to some stores, we got Gyros for lunch and needed to be back at 5:30 to take them once again to the airport.

This time all went smoothly. Hope they all have a great time in Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment