Monday, February 20, 2017

Homemade paddle ball

The HOA community center shares our gym with one of the grade schools, so during school hours the kiddos use the gym. I use the walking track on the second floor and can see down into the gym. Last week I walked later than I usually do and some teachers were having a gym day or something and the kids were rotating from station to station. One of the stations the teacher had taken paint stirrer sticks, taped them to a paper plate and were using a balloon as a ball. The kids were having a blast in small groups of 3 hitting the "ball" back and forth to each other.

I thought, Ah ha, I will make that game for my ggrrls. And so Scott and I bought/gathered up all the materials, made the paddles, blew up the balloons. When the ggrrls came over on Fri/Sat, on Saturday morning we played. Quite fun. Even little Hattie could hit the balloon with the paddle.

Stella made up rules; then she had an idea to add more balloons. Finally she wanted to add all the balloons. Several times static electricity stuck them on the fan and ceiling and Scott had to jump and get them down.




No comments:

Post a Comment