Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Ducks

As I was driving home from the gym this morning a bunch of Mallard ducks from the lake were waddling across the road. Hundreds of ducks on the lake and 20s waddling toward, across, and to the other side of the road. The cars stopped to let the ducks cross.

I remember Kenny being amazed at all the ducks on the ponds and lakes in America. He said they would all be gone, eaten, in Cuba.

Here, we feed them bread. I'm surprised they aren't all diabetic from the quantities of bread they are fed (maybe they are, how would we know). A few Saturdays ago the ggrrls and I took bread to feed them. Usually the ducks flock to the feeders; this time they would come close, then a cowardly? scared? one would turn back and they all followed. Not sure what that was about. But I don't think the ggrrls wanted to be mobbed by them anyway.

Today, they were such a sight that I had to stop and snap a pic of them. My pic doesn't show the mass of them, I was stopped to the side and one of them started quacking and waddling like it seemed quickly toward me. I didn't want to get caught up in a frenzied, out of control mob of ducks looking for a free meal, so I pictured and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment