Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The 4 S's

Sleep
Stress
Sun
Sickness
These are the things that cause cold sores to form if you have that virus and genetic disposition to get them. Which I do.

Ever since I returned from Utah my ears have been ringing louder than usual. Last Wed I drove Alyona to the airport and came home on HW 45, which has a speed limit of 80 (and sounded like they were concrete roads instead of asphalt). It made so much noise that it upset my ears and by the time I got home they were screaming. And remained screaming. Finally on Mon the loudness had stressed my body so much I was thinking, I can't live with this, I need to get out my book on tinnitus and review options, which aren't many. I was lying in bed and told Rick, And now my lips are hurting!!

I got up Tues morning - yes, 3 Three THREE cold sores had formed on my upper lip. I usually only get them on my lower, which is why I didn't recognize the true source of the pain. Thank goodness for whoever decided that Valtrex (probably a Herpes med?) would work for cold sores (which are herpes simplex also).

This morning, Wed, the meds have kicked in, the pain is mostly gone, and thankfully, my ears are not screaming. Ringing louder than they have at the lowest, but not screaming.

I feel human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment