Monday, August 3, 2015

Falling to pieces

Rick way overdid yard work on Sat morning, and almost killed himself from heat exhaustion. I think he was close to having a heat stroke. Chris and I brought him in, he laid on the cool, tile floor in the bathroom, got plenty of water and liquids for him to drink, he the took a cool shower and moved to the bed under the ceiling fan. Alyona rubbed his feet.

Then he got in trouble from me for overdoing in such a crazy way, and ended with a long-distance phone lecture from Jason.

He was pretty wiped out the rest of the day.

My TMJ has been bothering me since the endoscopy - I think from having my mouth open for so long - and also along the jaw line from my ear down on the left side. My left ear has a muffled feeling. Yesterday my head felt like it was double in size.

The  2nd Law of Thermodynamics is kicking in with our aging: The chaos in the universe is increasing. So not any fun needing to have your shoulder and hip replaced (Rick), or all my problems with GERD and ears (Rick has loud ear ringing also, tho). But mine was all doc created. Sometimes, not often because it is nonproductive, I just wish I had not had that dumb crown put on; that is what started all my problems almost 3 years ago. Anyways, we are falling to pieces. And it will only get worse.

My goal is to quit complaining (after my long post complaining).
Charles never complained and he was in incredible pain.
Ginger never complained and she was in incredible pain. Only once did she call up Barbara crying, saying the pain was too much.
Fred doesn't complain, but he is getting grumpier and grumpier (only to Barbara); that doesn't count because he is a grumpy Owens man and Owens men get grumpier the older they get.

I shall continue trying to be a cheerful pessimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment