Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jason to the rescue

Rick and I took a drive out on RM 2222 (Ranch to Market, only in Texas with the odd highway designations; actually I do need to add a penumbra, North Carolina named her roads oddly also, maybe it's the south!) early today to look at all the cedars that are decorated with Christmas garland and ornaments. Lots of trees were decorated and looked quite festive; we hadn't yet driven along there for this holiday season to see them.

It reminded us both that on Jan 1 (or something like that, I can't remember exact date) of 2013 we went to Austin to house hunt. Jason made arrangements to meet us here a few days later and help, me mostly, house hunt, and it was sometime during that week we all first saw the trees decorated and really liked it, but thought the city would consider it littering. No, they consider it Keeping Austin Weird. Back to Jason rescuing us, it was a lifesaver to have him come because that is when I had had the cap put on my tooth and my jaws were going crazy and I was in a lot of pain. My ears hadn't started ringing yet.

Anyways, he came and helped and says without him we would be living in a trailer house in the bad section of Austin. I don't know about that but he did help a lot in choosing/deleting neighborhoods and we are extremely happy with the house he chose.

He also did the same in PA, but this time it was to help me decorate the house/get rid of ugly curtains, etc. Once again, extremely helpful, saved Rick a lot of headache trying to help me look for it all, then make a decision, and then buy it all, and saved me a lot of headache trying to look for it all, then make a decision, and then buy it all.

Only on one decision did I disagree. Every room in the house had a different color/type of electrical cover, making it look like a clown house, or as Winston Churchill would say, it had no theme. So we decided on a theme (brass, since that seemed already to be a theme), counted them all and the type of socket and went to Lowe's to buy them. We gathered them all up, I figured up how much it would cost to change all the electrical covers, over $100, and said to Jason, I don't want to spend that much money, they are fine. Jason said no, Dad said to spend the money needed, don't let mom cheap out, so we are buying them. I said no, I don't want to. He insisted. I was getting a little hot because he wasn't listening to what I said and bought them anyway. I soon cooled down, and as they were all put on and they looked nice and the townhouse began to no longer look like an old person/clown house, I said, well I'm glad we did it.

So, thank you Jason, for rescuing us twice (since you claim the credit anyway).
RM 2222, the main highway that is decorated, altho people decorate random trees all over
Actually looks much prettier than pics show

No comments:

Post a Comment