Monday, January 19, 2015

Cedar Fever

"Cedar fever is caused by the pollen from the commonly known mountain
cedar tree, although this tree is actually juniper (juniperus ashei). This
disease is a seasonal disease. This means that many individuals get this
disease on only certain seasons of the year.

The usual season for cedar fever would be December to January, when the cyclic
pollination of trees occur. The pollens are released by the trees and scattered
by the winds. Once the pollen from the tree is inhaled, it may cause an
undesirable effect on cedar allergic persons."

I went outside just now for 30 min and was clipping and pruning. My eyes started getting even more itchy and I was sneezing my head off, my throat feels a little itchy also. Lots and lots of cedars in the Hill Country of Texas.
 Lots and lots and lots and lots of cedars

No comments:

Post a Comment