Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lizard or scorpion?

I had just finished the last blog and opened the kitchen back door to go get my swim stuff and going swimming (I decided since swimming time is winding down to swim after my morning walk). I sensed and kinda saw something fall from the top of the door and looked down on the floor and a little critter started running.

At first I thought it was a scorpion, but as I looked closer I could see it was a baby lizard. I scooted it with a flip flop, trying to get it to go back out the door. Nothing doing, it ran and hid under Rick's shoes. I moved the shoe, it ran under another one. We played that game thro 4 shoes and the legs of a chair; I finally moved everything it could hide under and scooted it towards the door. Got it to the door; I could see I wouldn't be able to scoot it over the bottom. Got a knife, picked it up and tossed it back outside.

I did keep telling the little thing, "Go out. Rick will be upset if you get killed because you won't go back out. And I'm not letting you live in my house with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment