Saturday, August 23, 2014

A surprise for my birthday

Jason called me yesterday around his usual lunchtime call, 10:30 or so, we chatted for 15 min, then he said, Ok, I'm where I need to be so let me go, and we hung up. About 30 seconds later I heard the doorbell ring and went to answer it. As I was walking up I could see him standing at the door!
I was so surprised. He had been planning this with Rick for about 1 1/2 months - basically the whole time I had been bugging him about coming and out and visiting this summer.

He decided to come for my birthday, which is this Sunday. And also brought a present, something he vowed he would never do.

Pizza from Donatos. My favorite. The one food I always have to have when I go back to Indy. He put it in his rectangular plastic saver that has actually made many trips carrying either Pizza King or Donatos pizza back and forth to North Carolina, Utah, Philly, and now it gets to see Texas. (The pizza is safely put away in my freezer; I told him I didn't want to eat it now, I wanted to be able to savor and enjoy it alone, since we would be hitting all his fav Texas eateries - Torchies, Rudy's, Shakes, and the Deli at HEB, of which we visited all yesterday.)

He really is a good son.
Now I have to talk Scott and Jessica into coming to Texas for a visit. But I understand - they both just started new jobs and Scott is taking time off for Nick's Indy wedding.

1 comment: