Friday, January 18, 2013

Saga of the crowned tooth 2.1

It has been a week and 2 days since I went to the dentist and he set up a plan for healing my jaw. I had been feeling 85-90% normal, and went back to the dentist yesterday just for a checkup. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I got home, my jaw felt all funny, misaligned, I felt dizzy, and I knew that it had gone back bad again. I slept horribly last night, jaw and teeth felt odd, jaw and teeth were spasming slightly , so I called up the dentist this morning and asked for another week of the muscle relaxant. I don't know if that was what was helping or not. I then called up Rick's chiropractor (after speaking with a dental hygienist friend and she gave me a bunch of ideas for things that could be going wrong, and also suggested a visit to a chiro as one option), got an appoint and went in. He said the jaw was misaligned, did a slight manipulation, and at first it felt really good. Now, 2 hours later, I'm not so sure. I just want it to be healed and feel normal again!!! I go back to the chiro on Mon and see if he can help some more, and finally get it to permanent. The chiro did say that my jaw was swollen and it is tighter on the inside on the left (crown side) than on the right (noncrown side). He also said because it was swollen to use ice. I knew it swollen!!! I kept telling everyone, and everyone said, Ummm, it looks the same. I have a feeling that this just might take some time, 2-3 months, as the dentist said.

No comments:

Post a Comment