Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Motivational sayings

I have motivational sayings all over my house. These are supposed to remind me to act and BE a celestial person. I wish I could say that they really helped me to do this - I'm sorry to say that I don't even come close. It is so hard to change negative traits, requires so much attention and work all the time. I'm going to post another motivational quote, this one from Elder Neal A Maxwell, including a quote he used of Pres Brigham Young. This one I could do with reading every day, several times. "Like it or not,...reality requires that we acknowedge our responsibility for our desires.... Righteous desires need to be relentless, therefore, because, said Pres Brigham Young, 'the men and women, who desire to obtain seats in the Celestial Kingdom, will find that they must battle every day,' therefore, true Christian soldiers are more than weekend warriors." This actually gives me some hope, to know that I must battle my negative traits everyday, that it's not easy, and that I will come short, but must immediately begin that very day, that very second, to reaffirm my desires to BE celestial and continue the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment