Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Time zooms on

I can't believe that today is already Sept 25. Soon this month will be over and it seems it went so quickly. (I have blogged before about using the same word more than once in close proximity to each other in an article, blog, post, essay, whatever - can't do it, doesn't look right. I used "quickly" in the below graph and I don't want to change it, so feel free to reread the above sentence and substitute one of these words for quickly: apace, briskly, chop-chop, expeditiously, flat-out, fleetly.)

Rick and I left on Thurs afternoon to go up to Paige's. I got some pics of the little girls, but it was on my iPad, so I have to figure out how to email them to me. Then I will blog them. I can't believe how quickly Macy is changing. It seems she does new stuff every week.

Stella is in Preschool and loves it. Her teacher even gives them homework occasionally. Which is good. Helps her develop good educational habits.

When I did a lot of teaching for the 3rd grade team in North Carolina, I would list on the board every day about 5 or 6 items that the students were to do as they came in each morning. Most of them looked at it and did as instructed. It was mostly the same stuff every day - sharpen pencils, use restroom, turn in homework, which I listed by subject and page number and they were to place in a specific location on a table. A few kids would forget to turn in their homework!! That always amazed me. They would usually have done it, and would want to get it out of their bookbag when we were going over it during that subject time, and I would have some consequence for not having it out and properly placed in the morning. It was a real time waster.

Ohhhh, even writing this makes me really miss teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment