Tuesday, September 4, 2012

At Jason's for Labor Day Weekend

We left Philly at 7am on Fri and arrived here at 6pm. Not bad. We lost an hour with stops. Rick and I actually really enjoy road trips.

Jason had dinner fixed, homemade meatballs subs with his homemade marinara sauce. Quite delish. Then walking downtown on the Historic Trail, getting ice cream, and just enjoying being outdoors at night. Back home and to bed at 12.

Up, and off to Danville. Hurricane Isaac's rain had hit Indiana, so no outside walking, but always fun to drive into Blanton Woods, by our house, make comments about how they are not keeping the landscaping nice, etc. Drove around Danville. It made me nostalgic but not sad, which is the first time I have not been sad to go there.

We went to Fred and Barbara's for an outside BBQ, but since Isaac was visiting, it was moved indoors. That was too bad because they have a beautiful and fun back yard, all wooded, also brings back a lot of memories about good times there, hot dog roasts, raking the leaves and having the kids jump in the huge piles. Robin, Harry, Ginger and Co were all there. It was nice to see them.

We left and went to Ginger Drach's just to say hello, they were having a BBQ also with family and friends. Then to Pat's, Michelle is living with her and wonderful to see her, whom I had not seen for several years - she is a sweetheart. We took them to Gray Brothers Cafeteria in Mooresville for dinner. That brought back many memories, as we had taken her to Gray's for her birthday many times. Ed had to work, so we didn't get a chance to see him.

Back at Jason's by 10pm, we sat around talking, which is always enjoyable, he is witty and funny.

Sunday we went to church. The size of the ward is about the same, but so few people that we know are still there. Still, it was great to see the people we did. Betty and Norm Zahn were both using walkers and had been picked up for church, probably they are no longer driving. I guess that is the cycle of life, but it is always sad to see. And I guess that will be me soon enough.

Then over to Aunt Phyllis. She had a lunch of finger food and is always so kind. Rick and Jason stay in close contact with her, we have helped her with money and odds and ends at times.

Church didn't start until 1pm, so in the morning we went for a walk in 100 Acre Woods. The Indiana Museum of Art students are always adding some new thingamajing, and it is always some modern looking something or other. This time it was a huge tree suspended sideways with swings hooked on it, and tree trunk round picnics tables. Quite fun.

Rick left early on Mon, and Jason and I left at 8:30am to begin our day, which was quite full. Bakery, for a fancy cookie, but it was closed. Onto the jewelry store he had gotten my dangly earrings for my bday. I did exchange one pair, but kept the other. It was hard to choose, so many cute ones.

Up to Castleton, 1/2 Price books, lunch, then 2016 at a theatre. I'm happy to see this documentary doing quite well at the box office. More stuff, then back home at 7pm. At 8 we decided to walk on the downtown canal. That is one of my fav places to walk. The entire walk is about 2 miles, fun to walk and talk. It was dark by the time we finished. Home, more chatting, and to bed at 11:30pm. I had leftover Donatos pizza and Jason had Nachos from Quedobas. I had my Donatos fix, ate the entire large meat lover by myself (that must be why the 2 pounds showed up) and so I won't need another one until the next time I hit Indy, at Thanksgiving.

Jason went to work, I'm packing, then when he comes home for lunch, I will take his car and do something. Maybe drive back to Danville. I catch my flight to Utah at 7:05 tonight. I do have a good life and need to be more grateful and give more thanks to the Lord for it.

Unfortunately, no pics. I told the guys to take some on their cameras, but we always forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment