Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Walking

Patsy has been quite busy since retirement, vacaying here then vacaying there. She texted last week and said she is back in town, the temp has dropped and do we want to walk this week? Yea. She came over here and we walked for 3 miles down by the creek. I have read research papers on how walking/hiking in trees is soothing and good for your heart and peace of mind. Makes sense.

This morning I walked on the trail between the houses. Still has trees, but is not as green with a creek and lots and lots of foliage. Better than the sideway and street, tho.

I'm leaving for Phoenix tomorrow; Scott and I are meeting for Austin's wedding. Then up to Utah for a few days, partly because the guys' football game in Denver is the following weekend. I'll stay with Scott for part of it, he and I enjoy walking around the lake after he gets off work. I'm also his laundry fairy, like I'm Paige's kitchen fairy.

I have given Paige a few options for the weekend:
  • Go up to Idaho to visit the graves, stay with Jolene
  • Garage sales in Daybreak on Sat
  • Moonlight ski lift ride on Fri or Sat at Sundance, with all ggrrls but Hattie
Back to Austin on Mon Sept 19, the same day Rick comes home.
Scott is talking about coming to Austin around Halloween, would be lots of fun. I have some places that do corn mazes, hay rides, etc. Last year the place I choose got rained/flooded out and they canceled it for the only night we could go.
Sniff
Boohoo
How dare Mother Nature not cooperate with my plans.

1 comment: