Sunday, April 17, 2016

Wildflowers in Texas

In the Spring the wildflowers in Texas are particularly beautiful. Lady Bird Johnson had as her mission, maybe when Lyndon was governor and maybe after the presidency, to reseed all the native wildflowers along the roads and meadows of Texas. The flowers, especially the bluebonnets but really all of them, are so beautiful in their natural glory along the roads, just stands and patches of deep blue, yellow and orange. I have seen a bunch of pics of photo shoots with pretty little girls in fluffy white and pastel dresses running thro the meadows, or bending over to scoop up an armful of flowers and hold to their noses, or some other cute pose.

I wanted some pics of my 3 beautiful ggrrls in these meadows of wildflowers. Alas, they are never here in the Spring.

So I decided to do the next best thing: snap photos of my youngest as he leaps and bounds thro a meadow of wildflowers. And I have my youngest here right now to do this very thing!!



Doesn't he look cute? His mother thinks so.

No comments:

Post a Comment