Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Deer in yard

Rick and I were out driving in a subdivision that is a little more rural, plus the homeowners have really large lots, at least 1/2 to 3/4 acre. With all the rain we have been getting, the yards are Midwest and East coast green, so pretty. This fawn was standing in a yard, doing nothing, just standing. Even when we stopped to take the pic, he/she just stood there looking at us. I wondered if he/she had gotten lost and separated from mom. We continued on, then saw the mom.

When Zoya and I were returning from a walk last week a bird stood at the top of the steps to the front door and just looked at us. I was taking a step up, and Zoya was jumping at the bird before it ran off (with me pulling mightily to keep her from snapping at it). I went to the door to call Rick to rescue the bird, which he did. It must have fallen or tried flying out of the nest and got stuck on our porch, not being able to fly high enough to go over the stone wall, even when trying.

These babies have not learned to fear enough yet; otherwise they would know to RUN from humans and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment