Monday, March 9, 2015

The woes of Daylight Saving Time

Jason's flight out on Sunday was at 6:15am, so with Daylight Saving Time kicking in, that meant he was getting up at 4:15 to leave at 4:30, which was really 3:15 and 3:30, respectively. Plus he went out with friends and didn't get home until after 12am. Then, his flight was delayed until 12:30pm, putting him home at 8pm instead of the 2 he was expecting. All day in airports and airplanes flying. I guess it beats 3-4 months in the hold of a sailing ship, fighting other passengers for the rats. Alyona and Chris' flight left at 7am, but we dropped them all off at the same time, since it is a 40 min drive to the airport. They were home in Utah before Jason even left the Austin airport.

Anyways, Thurs we spent looking at houses in Austin and found the housing market to be waaay more expensive than we thought. Then Fri in Dallas, with the housing market being better than we thought. Then on Sat, back to look some more in Austin.

But the most important part is we ate at the Twisted Root in Dallas, a delish hamburger place that makes the BEST shakes I have ever had, and I don't particularly like ice cream. Found out it was a franchise and there was one in Austin, so I was all excited for Rick and me to go, and then take Paige and Kincade. I looked on the internet - Austin site - closed!! So sad.


But we did eat at Torchy's and Rudy's, so Jason was happy. I made him scones, which he ate most every morning, which also made him happy. By Sat evening he was asking me for a tums, so I guess he got enough and more than enough of his other favs.



Rick and I said on Sunday afternoon, this house is too quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment